Stay Connected

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon email newsletter
sign up for sales, art, updates & more


 Location

Paper Hat is located at  2309 W. 50th Street Minneapolis, MN 55410   

map & directions         

 

 Hours

  •    monday - closed
  •    tuesday - thursday  -  11am-7pm
  •    friday - saturday  -  10am-6pm
  •    sunday -  12pm-5pm

 

consignment terms:

Send us an email at info@paperhatco.com with the following information:

  • -Your contact information. Please include name, address, phone number and email address.
  • -Photographs of your work in JPEG format, please keep them at a reasonable size.
  • -Detailed description of your work, including sizes / color / media.
  • -An estimate of what your product might sell for (retail price).
  • -Information about yourself. Please let us know anything that may help us and the customer know you better. Also, any unique info that may help us sell the work.

1. Consignment of Inventory
Paper Hat accepts on consignment, the artworks listed on the List of Inventory attached to this agreement. Additional lists may be incorporated into this agreement if signed by both parties.

 

2. Pricing and Terms of Payment

 Paper Hat shall sell the art works only at the retail price specified on the List of Inventory. Paper Hat and the artist agree that the company’s commission is to be 50% (percent) of the retail price of the artwork with the remainder of 50% going to the artist. Both parties must agree to any change to the retail price.

Featured artist: During the duration of the artist being a featured artist, the company’s commission goes down to 40%, leaving 60% for the artist. Featured artist shows are generally 4-6 weeks in length, and gives the artist a platform to show a larger quantity and a higher price point. Duration of the show is at Paper Hat’s discretion, and subject to change.


3. Sales
Upon the delivery of the artist’s work to Paper Hat, work is to remain consigned to Paper Hat for 60 days. At the end of 60 days Paper Hat reserves the right to either a) keep the artist’s unsold merchandise on consignment for an additional 30 days or b) return any unsold merchandise to the artist. Paper Hat reserves the right to remove work from the store for whatever reason they choose, and they will notify the artist 2 weeks before pulling the work. Artist reserves the right to request the return of artwork at any time with a 2 week notice to Paper Hat.


4. Payment

Payment will be made to the artist on the first day of each month, following the month of sale, in the form of a check. If the monthly sales total less than $20.00, the amount will be held until the next month. Payment will be made out to the name listed on their inventory sheet.


5. Inventory Updates
Updates of artist’s inventory will be available upon request.


6.Transportation of Artwork
Packing and shipping charges, packaging supplies, mailing insurance costs and other handling expenses incurred in the delivery of artworks to Paper Hat shall be the responsibility of the artist. Shipping back to the artist will be the responsibility of Paper Hat, unless the work is pulled early by the artist. All shipments are required to have delivery confirmation to and from the artist to Paper Hat.


7. Stolen and Damaged Work
Paper Hat will not be liable for damages and theft to any consigned artwork from the date of delivery to the
company’s physical address until the artwork is returned to the artist.


8. Insurance
Paper Hat will not provide any insurance for any artwork, regardless of price or nature of work. Insurance is the sole responsibility of the artist.


9. Promotion
Paper Hat shall use its best efforts to promote, display and sell artworks. Paper Hat will clearly identify the artist’s name (or artist’s company’s name). Paper Hat reserves the right to display the quantity and type of work at its discretion. Please keep pricing consistent accross all of your selling platforms.


11. Taxes
Paper Hat will be responsible for all MN state sales tax on behalf of the artist for artist’s work sold at Paper Hat.


12. Miscellaneous
In the event of a dispute concerning payment for or return of artist consigned merchandise, Paper Hat inventory and shipping records shall control. Paper Hat reserves the right to make the final interpretation of the terms and conditions of this contract.


13. Website

The artist must agree that Paper Hat be allowed to feature, promote and/or sell any works on the company website.